Sun, Jul 03|
South Bay Fields
Lavender Field Visit
We can't wait to see you here at South Bay Fields! This ticket grants you access to everything South Bay Fields has to offer. 5% of this ticket sale profit is donated to a local charity
Time & Location
Jul 03, 2022, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. EDT
South Bay Fields, 7527 Sideroad 36 & 37 Nottawasaga, Collingwood, ON L9Y 3Z1, Canada
About the event
- We have onsite grass parking, so please enter the driveway and follow the parking signs on arrival to find an available space. Parking on the road is not permitted.
- The speed limit on our road is 50 km/h; please respect this for the safety of our kids and neighbours.
- Strollers, wagons and mobility devices are welcome. Please keep in mind that this is a working farm, so passengers in these devices may be in for a bumpy ride!
- We have a portable washroom onsite.
- We do not have food to purchase onsite, however there are some fantastic restaurants nearby.
- Bees love lavender, and we love bees! Our bees are here for the lavender, not for you. Please be mindful of them and in return they should be mindful of you. If you are allergic, please bring your own medication as we do not have any onsite.
- We love animals, however dogs and a peaceful lavender farm don't always mix (purple lavender bushes are not fire hydrants, but the dogs don't get that!). We ask that you keep your pup at home. If you would like a photo with your pet in our field, please use the contact form and we can arrange a time outside of our opening hours.
- There is no smoking on the farm property.
- South Bay Fields operates rain or shine. Tickets are non-refundable. If there is excessive incliment weather conditions which causes us to close the field during your ticket time, we will reschedule your visit to another time.
Things to do
- Wander through 5,000 lavender plants of 8 different varieties spread across 3 unique planting arrangements.
- Take a break on our garden bench swings situated in the middle of 1000+ blooming English lavender.
- Relax in our Muskoka chairs situated throughout the lavender fields.
- Take a stroll through our winding relaxation path which guides you through our many sunflowers* and wildflower field containing over 27 different wildflower species.
- Take as many photos as you would like (don't forget to tag @southbayfields). Professional photographers, please see our Photography page for arranging private client shoots.
- Visit our open air shop (yes, that is a fancy way of saying tent) with all of our lavender goodies available for purchase. In addition to our products, you can also purchase fresh lavender and sunflower bundles harvested the morning of your visit.
- Learn about growing, harvesting and distilling lavender from one of our friendly staff.
- Enjoy the local wildlife (okay, its just the chickens) as they live their happiest free-range lives all over our property.
*Sunflowers have a limited bloom time and may not be in bloom during your visit
Admission is for the full day (10-4) on the day indicated on the ticket. Arrive anytime after 10:00 am, farm gate closes at 4:00 pm. Parking is included with admission.
Child (age 12 and under)
Children aged 12 and under are free of charge to visit South Bay Fields Lavender Farm. Tickets are required for maintaining visitor numbers below capacity.